Design A Dress 2019 Competition
Rules and Terms and Conditions of Entry
By submitting an entry, each participant agrees as follows:
- The dress and design are your original creations and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. Helen G reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove and/or disqualify any Entry which it believes is in breach of this clause, or any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- The competition is open to the public and the competition begins on November 2, 2018 and ends on January 2, 2019. The 2019 Design a Dress theme will be announced on November 1, 2018.
- In order to enter the competition a designer must complete his or her wedding dress and submit a photo no later than Wednesday January 2, 2019.
- All designers will be required to present their designs in person for a photo shoot on Friday January 4, 2019 as part of their qualification and social media voting process. Also all entrants hereby gives us permission to photograph, interview, video, record them for promotional purposes for the competition.
- If your Entry is selected as a Final Entry or a Winning Entry, you hereby grant Helen G. (and its authorized partners) a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide license to use your Entry in all media for the purposes of administering, marketing and promoting this Competition or its business in general; b. marketing and promoting future competitions held by Helen G. Furthermore, the winning entry (the dress) will become the property of Helen G and as such Helen G shall have the right to display same anywhere and in such media it deems beneficial to it in its absolute discretion, provided that the designer will retain the rights to the design and may reproduce same without reference to Helen G.
- The Competition shall be judged by panel comprised of a panel of judges (the “Panel”). at the Helen G Bridal Fashion show to be held on Sunday January 27th at a location to be announced. The Panel shall select the winner (the “winner”) who shall be notified by the end of said show. The winner shall be selected by the Helen G as the competition organizer on the basis of the criteria set out below:
- The judges’ decision is FINAL and binding.
- Helen G will award the winner of the design a dress competition $200,000 which will be paid within 10 business days following the selection. Second and Third Prize Winners will receive their prize courtesy of our sponsors within 10 business days following the selection. The first place winner shall be solely responsible for payment of any taxes which may be payable in respect of said sum.
- Entrants’ names may appear on material produced for Marketing and Promotional Purposes.
- Release. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds harmless Helen G from any and all responsibility, liability, damages (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, statutory, and other damages), losses, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to: (a) entry or participation in the Contest, including but not limited to disputes among individuals claiming to have contributed to any winning entry; (b) any violation by the entrant of these Rules, Terms and Conditions or applicable laws; (c) misappropriation, infringement, or other violation of any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of publicity, privacy, or other legal or contractual right of any person attributable to entrant or any entry submitted by entrant; (d) the acceptance, possession, receipt, or use of any prize monies. If anyone makes any claim against any of the Helen G arising out of or relating to any of the foregoing, which is attributable to the entrant, the entrant will pay for any damages, losses, liabilities, costs, penalties, and expenses, including without limitation attorneys’ and experts’ fees and costs, incurred in connection with such claim.
As part of the series the winner of Design a Dress will be required to:
Provide three outfits next year for the organizers of the show to be used as part of the promotion of both brands. The cost for material will be covered.
Attend the series workshop and speak to the new entrants on your experience
The winning dress will be handed over to Helen G to be used as part of the promotion and showcase of both brands
The winner will be given the opportunity to have his/her line included in the following years Runway show.
Will be asked to do minimum of 3 social media posts promoting the next Design a Dress Series
Design A Dress Entrant
Date of signing
Design a Dress Entry Form